15 Things you must have with your forklift
28 Dec 2019
Forklifts are the essential part of the material handling industry. They should be always in right condition to stay operational. Needless to mention, downtime always hurts. To make sure, the forklift is in right condition, you need to emphasize on 15 most essential components. These components are given below.
- Forks : Forks are known as the most important part of forklifts and these vehicles have got their name from forks. The two pieces forks are attached to the front on these vehicles and they are operational. These forks are crucial for safe operation of the forklifts. Damaged forks can’t come with anticipated result. Stores who are providing forklift fork for sale, you should purchase quality forks from them.
- Tyres : Tyres are other essential components and they are responsible to safely operate the forklift holding heavier loads. If they are bald and cracked, you’ll invite disaster instantly. Therefore make sure that, the tyres are on right condition. Solid forklift tyres are perfect choice over conventional tyres.
- Warning indicators : Warning indicators are also another important part of the forklifts. They will let others know about the turning and movements of the forklift. These indicators assist to avoid accidents in workplace. Therefore make sure that, the indicators are functional during the operation hours.
- Cockpit control : Cockpit is the crucial part of the entire vehicle. It allows driver to swiftly operate. Without appropriate cockpit controls, you can’t achieve flexibility in operation. It also helps the driver to sit comfortably and it is required for long operations.
- Driver : Forklift driver is the most important person who will ensure that, this vehicle is operating swiftly. If the driver is not trained well, he will invite disaster for both machine and himself. Therefore, before hiring driver, make sure he has enough operational experience.
- Fluid : Without fluid the forklift can’t be operational. Therefore, before start the operation, check out fluid levels. It is also a recommendation that, always use quality fluid to make the operation hassle free.
- Forklift Mast : Forklift mast is responsible for entire function of forklift. It helps to lift the forks and carriage the load.
- Counter Weight : It is attached back of the forklift and ensures weight balancing of the vehicle. When it holds more weight on front, it makes the balance for safe operation.
- Carriage : The carriage attaches the forks to the mast and it serves as the support structure for forklift.
- Load Backrest : It keeps the driver safe from affecting the load towards him. It ensures safe loading and unloading.
- Overhead guard : Overhead guard keeps the driver safe from unfortunate falling of loads.
- Engine : No matter whether your forklift is operated by ICE or by batteries, they need certain care before operating.
- Hydraulic lift cylinder : It plays crucial role and ensures swift handling of loads.
- Tilt cylinder : Tilt cylinder ensures the forward and backward of the carriage.
- Fuel : If your forklift is operated with ICE, make sure that, it has enough fuel to be operated for longer hours.